Subject: Re: PAR on Samba Network
From: [email-masked] (Justin Barrett)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:38:00 GMT

On 2 Oct 95, [email-masked] spoke up and said:

Mj> It took awhile, but Ami and Bill are doing the Samba! Translation: My
Mj> Amiga drives are successfully networked to NT 3.51 via Samba. I'm
Mj> exporting DDR:, but when I tell Lightwave to save RGB's (IFF24) to the
Mj> networked PAR, the PAR gives the error "Unsupported file format" and NT
Mj> gives the error "Networked drive has create but no modify privilege".
Mj> Has anyone gotten this to work?

Am I reading correctly that the PAR is in the PC?  If so, your problem is
that the PC PAR will only accept Targa images, not IFF's.

I used to get the "Networked drive has create but no modify priviledges"
message (using 4.0 pre-rel under WfWG 3.11) when rendering to the PAR, but
the animations would still record fine.

         Justin Barrett - [email-masked] - 1:350/401
    Free Spirit Productions   -   Northland Cable   -   Peninsula College

 * Q-Blue 2.1 *
--
[email-masked] (Justin Barrett) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]